Critical Reflection


Dear Brad,

The presentation experience was surely an enriching one for my team and I. The process did not just begin when we started our own presentation, but the moment we sat down as a team to watch the rest of the cohort present too. Part of the learning experience was to observe how the teams before and after us presented too, especially their non-verbal cues.

As for our strengths, I believe we achieved a fine balance between humour and serious content. We thought it was imperative to strike that balance in order to pull off a professional presentation. A little observation that I appreciated was that the rest of my team sat down during the presentation, giving all the attention and focus to the speaker.

Personally, I thought I had a good voice projection. The volume was important in a huge setting. Furthermore, I felt that my intonation of my words were strong enough to emphasise the weight of my words. This was important as my content was rather delicate, talking about emotional distress and pain. I tried my best to make it personal by involving the audience to reflect on their own experiences.

As for weaknesses, I did not realise I was pacing around too much. I did not want to be too static but ended up moving around more than I intended. Also, I tried to minimise the words on my slides so that the audience can focus on me. Unfortunately, I had a mini slip when I mixed my words up trying to remember my lines.

Ultimately, the showcase was a good way to give me confidence in public speaking. I am incredibly proud of my team and I despite not winning an accolades. (It's not always about winning, right?) It was also nice to see my team and I developed over the course of 13 weeks in this module.

Thank you for being a delightful module instructor, making each week a new experience. I appreciate the effort you put into making each lesson interactive and meaningful for all of us. I wish you the best with the future batches and hope to see you when my cohort graduates next year.

Warm regards,
Shafique Sa'at


Comments

  1. Dear Shafique,

    Thank you for this comprehensive reflection and for the accolades for the modules. I really appreciate how you explain what made your showcase presentation successful in terms of prep and delivery. You also honestly reflect on your moment of weakness, which, I should add, was a minor slip indeed.

    As I mentioned earlier, I was really very proud of what your team was able to accomplish at the showcase. You guys seemed like a model team.

    All the best for your future learning and the upcoming IWSP.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts